Wednesday, September 1, 2010
As I was getting ready to go see Bailey this morning, my cell phone rang and it was my trainer telling me Bailey had been throwing up all night and needed to go to the vet. She asked if I wanted to meet her there, but I figured me, my two aides (one is in training), my trainer, and a sick dog in a small examining room might be too much. So I said just keep me updated. As of now, nobody knows what is causing the pain and vomiting. He is with an abdominal specialist getting x-rays and medicine to help him poop. The good and bad thing is we can't see any major blockage. It's good because he doesn't have a huge obstruction but bad because we have no clue what it is. So I'm just waiting to hear what's the verdict. I had to choose what level of resuscitation to authorize- no resuscitation, CPR only, or open heart. That was weird, especially for a 6 month old puppy. So send Bailey good poop vibes.